Now that got MY attention. How about you? I found this tutorial just after fighting the issue in a client’s sunroom…. the ever present LAMP CORD. uhhh
Thank you Kelly from View Along The Way for this great tip.
Materials You’ll Need
- 9-volt battery or 8 AA batteries (to save money, use rechargeables)
- 9-volt battery clip (like this, only about $2 shipped) or an 8 AA battery pack (like this)
- Wire strippers
- Strand of LED lights like these (more on this in a second)
- Soldering iron (we use this one)
- Optional: velcro and felt to cover the bottom of the lamp
- Optional: brilliant husband (not available on amazon)
For step by step directions go here.
I read these and think, “Nah.” haha
You, on the other hand, might start a whole new business just converting lamps for me. BAM!
If you would like to say, “That was fun!” at the end of your project contact me at